Union and West End Cemetery

The Union and West End Cemetery is located in center city Allentown. The main entrance is on 10th Street at 10th and Chew Streets. The cemetery is mantained by a dedicated group of volunteers. Ten board members (also volunteers) serve the cemetery association and manage the finances, make application for grants, solicit donations and participate in the maintenance of the cemetery.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

I Did It Again!

After my recent incident of falling into a grave with the 'Scag' commercial lawn mower, I did not envision that it would occur again so soon, if ever. But, on Monday, October 2nd, I managed to find another grave where the grass roots were the only thing keeping the sod level in appearance. The 'Scag' is a rear-engine mower and once the rear wheel rolled over the weak spot, the left rear wheel immediately dropped into a cavernous hole. And there I was; once again immobilized and the 'Scag' sitting at a crazy angle.



I was able to remove the mower from its precarious position by towing it out using my 4X4 truck and a heavy chain. As before, the 'Scag' was none the worse for wear and tear and I continued to cut the grass in the section I was working in.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Contact Everette

e-mail address



View My Stats

 

America Supports You

 

Support World AIDS Day

 

The National Breast Cancer Foundation